- Veliko Tarnovo
A town with very rich history, Veliko Turnovo was the capital of the Second Bulgarian Empire and has long traditions in the culture of Bulgaria. The city is rich in museums and historical sites, combined with vivacious night life propelled by the students in one of the largest universities in Bulgaria.
If in Veliko Turnovo, make sure to visit the castle of the old Bulgarian capital - Tsarevets. The city is divided into an old and new parts. The old city itself is a collection of traditional renaissance houses scattered over the hills around the river Yantra and the new part consists of a mixture of communistic and modern style buildings. There are various historical museums, located in Old Town, and an art museum on an island in the river.
Related Tags: Bugaria tourist attraction, Veliko Tarnovo, Bulgarian cuisine, Veliko Tarnovo Bulgaria
Recommended Travel Companies from Bulgaria
Travel News from Bulgaria
- Bulgarians passport holder visits 156 countries without visa
- Returning champions welcomed home to a World Ski Awards part
- Reckless trio pictured dangling legs off Beachy Head
Recommended Hotels in Bulgaria
Photo Clips from Bulgaria
- The Holy City of Perperikon
- Medieval Orthodox Boyana Church
- Rila Monastery - Bulgaria
- Ancient City of Nessebar