Take a tour of Temples of Bagan in Myanmar
The jungles of Bagan, Myanmar, are dotted with thousands of spires rising out of the trees.
These are the tops of the some 2,200 temples and pagodas in the area.
The abundance of structures, most over 700 years old make Bagan an archaeological hot spot.
There used to be thousands of more temples in Bagan, but most are now ruins.
Quite a few still remain, though, and some contain beautiful Buddhist trappings and decorations.
Even those that have been emptied or robbed are renowned for their intricate architecture.
The range in sizes, shapes, and styles of the temples ensure that visitors won't grow bored.
With many square miles of temple-containing jungle, Bagan is a visit for several days.
Related Tags: Myanmar amazing travel, Myanmar travel place, amazing travel destinations, temples of Bagan in Myanmar
Recommended Travel Companies from Myanmar
- Myanmar Land DMC Co., Ltd
- Grand Lotus Travel and To
- Ayuda Myanmar Travel Tour
- Tour Mandalay Co. Ltd.
Travel News from Myanmar
- Tips to save space in your next trip
- Passengers reminded of Chorley Tunnel closure
- German tourism firms keen to expand in Myanmar
- Myanmar boosts tourism with first-ever branding campaign