Lamayuru monastery is situated at a distance of 127 KM from Leh at a height of 3,510 meters. Lamayuru can easily be covered in a day return trip from Leh. Lamayuru is known for its monastery, and for its "lunar" landscape - quaintly promoted as a "Moonscape" for tourists. The landscape is certainly incredible with its spectacularly odd geological formations, though this is not unique to Lamayuru.
Recommended Travel Companies from India
Travel News from India
- Destinations to Spend Your Summer Holidays - Best Travel Age
- 8 Places to Visit in Kerala During Monsoon
- How Much Does A Trip To Kerala Cost You?
- The Best Places to Visit to Kerala in August - Kerala Tour
Recommended Hotels in India
- Hotel Park Residency, Kak
- Dolmaar Resort in Nainita
- Hotel Green Ambition - Sr
- Syna Hotels & resorts - K