- Mr. P. K. Marwah
- 125 Hits
No trip to Bangkok is complete without a taste – or an indulgence, to be honest – of khao niao mamuang or mango sticky rice.
It is one of the most popular sweet street foods in Bangkok, a favorite among both locals and tourists. To the uninitiated, the combination of rice and mango in a dish does not sound delectable, but Thais have managed to marry these two ingredients in a delicious, sweet snack.
Fluffy glutinous rice is served alongside fleshy cheeks of ripe mango and then smothered with rich coconut cream syrup.
If you had to limit your dessert intake to just one dish, you definitely should go for khao niao mamuang – if only for the Thai mangoes, which are famous for being among the sweetest mangoes in the world.
Here are the best places to enjoy khao niao mamuang: Wantana Khanom Thai (Ratchawat Market, Nakhon Chaisri Road); Mae Varee Fruit Shop (1 Soi Thong Lor Road, Sukhumvit 55 Klongtunnua Wattana); and Pratunam (Soi Petchaburi 30, New Petchaburi Road, Makkasan, Ratchawithi).
Price of khao niao mamuang in these places ranges from 100 baht ($2.90) to 145 baht ($4.20).
- Best Cab & Taxi Service for Si
- Jumeirah Beach Dubai Hotel reo
- Man jailed in Italy for sellin
- Asian Families Travel More Tha
Recommended Travel Agency
Recommended Travel Offers
- 10% off on Bed & Breakfast rat
- Avail EasyEMI Option on HDFC B
- Get additional 10% Discount on
- Get 20% off on a min spend of
Recommended Travel Packages
- 4DAYS 3NIGHT SAFARI TO NORTHER
- Splendid Kathmandu Tour Packag
- Adventurous Rishikesh Tour Pac
- Fun n Frolic Goa Family Holida