- Neemrana fort Palace
- 741 Hits
A typical sweet served at festivals in the South of India, the pongal's richness and sweetness matches any festival. The addition of cashew and raisins makes this desert even more lovable.
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/3 cup Green Gram Dal
- 1-1/2 cups Powdered Jaggery
- 5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Cashewnuts
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
How to make Sweet Pongal:
- Roast gram dal in a pan till it turns light brown.
- Wash roasted dal along with rice.
- Put it into a pressure cooker with 4-1/2 cups of water.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Completely dissolve jaggery in half cup of water in a shallow pan.
- Remove the dirt by straining it and heat once again until you achieve one string consistency.
- Now mix cooked rice-dal mixture into it and keep on a medium flame for few minutes. Remove the mixture from the flame.
- Fry cashewnuts and raisins separately in ghee. Mix it to the prepared pongal and add cardamom powder.
- Sweet Pongal is ready to serve.
- Airport yoga studio aims to im
- Risky Travel : Indian train tr
- The Black Friday and Cyber Mon
- Abu Dhabi Travel Guide
Recommended Travel Agency
Recommended Travel Offers
- Favourite destination at 50% o
- Goan Fiesta 2017 Up to 50% Off
- 30% OFF On Luxury Hotel Brands
- Get 10% cashback upto Rs.40 on
Recommended Travel Packages
- ABU DHABI HOLIDAY PACKAGE
- Big Bus Abu Dhabi Hop-On Hop-O
- Puri Jagannath Rath Yatra
- South India Hill Stations Tour