- Neemrana fort Palace
- 1122 Hits
A typical sweet served at festivals in the South of India, the pongal's richness and sweetness matches any festival. The addition of cashew and raisins makes this desert even more lovable.
- 1 cup Rice
- 1/3 cup Green Gram Dal
- 1-1/2 cups Powdered Jaggery
- 5 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Cashewnuts
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1 tbsp Raisins
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
How to make Sweet Pongal:
- Roast gram dal in a pan till it turns light brown.
- Wash roasted dal along with rice.
- Put it into a pressure cooker with 4-1/2 cups of water.
- Cook for about 10 minutes.
- Completely dissolve jaggery in half cup of water in a shallow pan.
- Remove the dirt by straining it and heat once again until you achieve one string consistency.
- Now mix cooked rice-dal mixture into it and keep on a medium flame for few minutes. Remove the mixture from the flame.
- Fry cashewnuts and raisins separately in ghee. Mix it to the prepared pongal and add cardamom powder.
- Sweet Pongal is ready to serve.
- Man jailed in Italy for sellin
- Asian Families Travel More Tha
- 63% of travel searches by Indi
- METRO CARD IS VALID FOR TRAVEL
Recommended Travel Agency
Recommended Travel Offers
- 10% off on Bed & Breakfast rat
- Avail EasyEMI Option on HDFC B
- Get additional 10% Discount on
- Get 20% off on a min spend of
Recommended Travel Packages
- 4DAYS 3NIGHT SAFARI TO NORTHER
- Splendid Kathmandu Tour Packag
- Adventurous Rishikesh Tour Pac
- Fun n Frolic Goa Family Holida