- Mr. Harish Chander
- 540 Hits
Sudado de Posta o Muchacho is a very popular dish in Colombian homes. It is very easy to make and absolutely delicious served over white rice, along with avocado and a simple salad on the side. Sudados can also be made with fish, pork or chicken.
- 1 (3 to 4 pound) beef eye of round roast, cut into thick slices
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 cups of water
- 1 cup of aliños sauce
- 2 cups chopped tomato
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of sazón with color
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 whole small potatoes, peeled
- ½ pound frozen or fresh yuca (cassava)
- Fresh cilantro
- In a large pot place the beef, stock, water, aliños sauce, tomatoes, sazón and cumin powder. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium low cover and cook for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste and add more water if necessary.
- Add the potatoes and yuca and keep cooking for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, until the vegetables and meat are tender. Sprinkle fresh cilantro and serve over white rice.
Related Tags: Sudado de Posta o Muchacho