- 577 Hits
Phi Ta Khon, one of the most colourful traditional festivals of Loei province, is a unique masked procession which takes place during a three-day Buddhist merit-making holiday known locally as Boon Prawat. This annual event, sometimes called The Ghost Mask Festival by foreign tourists, will be held from 16-18 June 2018 in the village of Dan Sai in Loei. The whole event is called Bun Luang, and the highlight of this unique festival is a long, colourful parade of young people who dance and strike poses while wearing huge masks made from carved coconut-tree trunks, topped with wicker work and sticky-rice steamers. These represent ghosts and as they parade they carry a sacred Buddha image. It is thought that the festival originated as a form of spirit worship with music and dancing to appease the spirits who protect the local villages and ensure plenty of rain for the upcoming harvest season.
For additional local st albans dentist visit sunshinedentalgroup.
Related Tags: Grand opening ceremony by Loei Governor in front of Dan Sai District Office, consecutive Buddhist sermons at Phon-Chai Temple, Parading of consecutive Buddhist sermons of all villages in Dan Sai District,
- Why travel to Iran?
- How to Experience Georgia at i
- Jumeirah Beach Dubai Hotel reo
- Man jailed in Italy for sellin
Recommended Travel Agency
- Shimla Kullu Manali Honeymoon
- The Trans-Siberian Travel Comp
- Rahhala Explorers FZ- LLC
- Emirates Tours & Safari
Recommended Travel Offers
- 10% off on Bed & Breakfast rat
- Avail EasyEMI Option on HDFC B
- Get additional 10% Discount on
- Get 20% off on a min spend of
Recommended Travel Packages
- 4DAYS 3NIGHT SAFARI TO NORTHER
- Splendid Kathmandu Tour Packag
- Adventurous Rishikesh Tour Pac
- Fun n Frolic Goa Family Holida