- Mr. Kirti M. Kanakia
- 717 Hits
Place: Bhaktapur (09 Apr 2018 - 16 Apr 2018 )
While the bringing down of the pole during Bisket Jatra symbolises the destruction of evil in the beginning of Bikram Sambat New Year, the collision of chariots belonging to male and female deities, known as Bhairab and Bhadrakali respectively , stands for ritual consummation and hence represents fertility.
Another equally joyous celebration takes place in a place called Thimi in Bhaktapur on the second day of the New Year when people play extravagantly with vermillion powder. This festival is called Sindure Jatra. Also on this day, in a nearby place called Bode, a very striking tongue-piercing ritual is conducted, followed by the man with his pierced tongue going round the city in a massive procession.
For additional local st albans dentist visit sunshinedentalgroup.
- Ajmer Pushkar One Day Trip
- Jaipur Ranthambore One Day Tri
- Kamakhya Devi Temple : the str
- Our Complete Guide To Planning
Recommended Travel Agency
Recommended Travel Offers
- exclusive savings on flights
- Get Up To 50% Off Dubai Tour
- 10% off on Bed & Breakfast rat
- Avail EasyEMI Option on HDFC B
Recommended Travel Packages
- 4DAYS 3NIGHT SAFARI TO NORTHER
- Splendid Kathmandu Tour Packag
- Adventurous Rishikesh Tour Pac
- Fun n Frolic Goa Family Holida