Yu-Druk Tours and Treks
05-03-2010Featured Link: The Close, South Wing Nirvana Country, jobs in India, Orchid Petals Project Sohna Road, Uniworld Gardens-I Sohna Road, Eldeco Mansionz Sector 48, Sohna Road, Website Designing in Delhi, Wembley Premium Rosewood City, Sector-49-50 Gurgaon, Park View Spa Next Sector-67 Gurgaon, Graphic Designing Delhi, online shops in India,
Yu-Druk was founded by Sonam Wangmo in 1985. She is one of the first Bhutanese woman venturing in the line of travel trade, which was a total change of responsibility from being a house wife to take up the challenge in the business world today.
Initially, Yu Druk was established as an air line ticketing agent, mostly catering to the official travellers abroad.
In 1989 as Sonam was interested in tourism and was given the opportunity to handle as sub agent, for trekking part only by the Bhutan Tourism Department. When the Royal government in 1991 changed its policy to privatize the tourism industry to the private sector. Sonam Wangmo took the opportunity to change her line of business from air line ticketing agent as full fledged in tourism industry.
Known as "Yu Druk tours and treks", as she enjoys meeting with people from different part of the world to share with pride the Bhutanese cultural and tradition, since then Sonam has covered most of the trekking routes including the snow man trek which is one of the most challenging trek route in the country, one of the first Bhutanese women to lead trekking groups as she felt the importance of knowing her business.
yudruk rinzinIn 1997 Rinzin Ongdra Wangchuk joined Yudruk as managing partner. He brings management and travel experience to the company.
Yu-Druk can now boast of being the first to have an online booking facility on its web site and a fully computerised office network directly connected to hotel, air and visa processing.
Yu-Druk Tours & Treks
PO Box 140, Thimphu, Bhutan
Related Tags: Oldest Travel Agencies
- Emirates to Launch 2nd Daily Non-Stop Flight to Amsterdam
- New MICE facility opens in Bangkok
- United Airlines Glitch - Free Tickets To Passengers
- Uluru conducts world\'s first Outback Symphony
- Lakeside Hotel Hanoi to be rebranded as Eastin Hotel Hanoi
- Kenneth Jones named Vice President of marketing at Carnival Corp
- Why To Choose Niagara Falls For Your Next Vacations
- Delta to Launch Daily Flights Between Hong Kong and Seattle
- Cusco Region of Peru Completes Assessment of Global Sustainable Tourism Criteria for Destinations
- Flights to Brazil Sao Paulo and Rio de Janeiro
- Boeing completes its first 787-9 Dreamliner
- Turkish destination management company goes green
- How the Tuscan fantasy was rewritten by a holiday giant
- Dreamliner fire hits Boeing\'s fortunes
- VeriFone Launches Way2ride Mobile App for New York City Taxis
- Luxury hotel group selects RateGain to drive online revenue in Spain
- Peru welcomes South & Central America World Travel Awards winners
- Priceline Reports 24% Earnings Gain
- ITB World Travel Trends Report 2011 2012
- Malta Tourism Authority launches bespoke tours with Kirker Holidays